Are you a life long learner that loves to teach, equip, and inspire others?
- Excited to share what you learn when returning from a professional conference?
- Always looking for ways to streamline your services and productivity?
- Eager to collaborate and develop a vision with other team leads?
- Able to deconstruct the vision into tasks and delegate?
- Coachable and a great coach to others?
- A creative problem solver?
- Ready to share your knowledge and code you’ve written with a larger community of technologists and library professionals?
You will enjoy…
- A fail-forward culture that understands that mistakes are a part of the process.
- Exploring emerging technologies and prototyping their use in our library system.
- Opportunities to attend and present at professional conferences.
- Contributing to open source efforts that advance the state of library communities.
- A work/life balance.
- Excellent health and education benefits for you and your family.
- We understand that you work so that you may live. We also know that life happens. We hope our benefits package covers most of it, but if not, we’re prepared to problem-solve with you. (See benefit package)
You’ll join the Hesburgh Libraries at University of Notre Dame as part of the Digital Library Technology team. We are solution engineers, consulting partners, and explorers in the ever-evolving digital preservation and repository services and community landscape. We develop solutions for digital workflows, preservation, and discovery of collections and research data.
Notre Dame has a unique spirit. It is traditional, yet open to change. It is dedicated to religious belief no less than scientific knowledge. It has always stood for values in a world of facts.
Notre Dame is one of the few universities to regularly rank in the top 25 in the U.S. News & World Report survey of America’s best colleges. And for the past 4 years we’ve ranked among the top IT places to work according to Computer World.
- Experience as part of a team of software developers that has delivered, maintained, and documented technical solutions.
- We’d love if you have Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, but are prepared to get you up to speed for our AWS efforts.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience writing web-facing software with disparate persistence layers. 5+ preferred.
- Bachelor degree or two additional years experience required.
How to apply
Digital Library Technologies Unit Manager
University of Notre Dame
221 Hesburgh Library
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5677
Published: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 20:38 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 20:38 UTC