Integrated Library Systems Administrator
Dayton Metro Library
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Integrated Library Systems Administrator to join our Information Technology Services team. This position reports to our Technology Development Manager and works out of the Library’s Operation Center, which is just down the street from the Main Library in downtown Dayton. We are looking for an individual to manage our Polaris integrated library system, as well as support interrelated automated systems that interact with it (such as self-checkout stations, automated materials handlers, and laptop dispensers). As a technology-oriented collaborator with library staff, departments, patrons, and vendors, the successful candidate will possess good communication skills, rigorous attention to detail, and a positive attitude. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
- Directly manages the integrated library system (ILS) software, database, and hardware including maintaining integrity and efficiency of its operation.
- Serves as primary contact between the library and ILS vendor. Analyzes and documents problems, implements changes and recommendations, and consults with others to develop solutions.
- Supports users of ILS software and interrelated automated equipment.
- Manages third party product integration with the ILS, including SIP, web services, custom software, and equipment that communicates with the ILS.
- Identifies opportunities for library automation, workflow improvements, and systems integration. Recommends the purchase of new products and services as needed.
- Prepares system and users for new versions of software. In cooperation with the Staff Development Manager, trains staff in the use of new/updated software.
- Maintains communications with consortium members. Finds solutions for individual libraries’ problems.
- Designs and writes supplementary or custom documentation.
- Integrated library systems software experience required (Polaris preferred).
- Analytical and technical skills for dealing with complex software issues.
- Broad knowledge of circulation, cataloging and acquisitions procedures and standards preferred.
- MLS/MLIS (preferred) or its equivalent in education and experience is required.
- Relational databases and SQL management skills (MS SQL), computer programming skills and software troubleshooting skills required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain library automation equipment, such as self-checks, automatic material handlers, security gates, laptop dispensers, hold lockers, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain RFID equipment and tags.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and computer software in a variety of applications required.
- Knowledge of systems administration (Windows Server preferred).
- Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to library services.
- Ability to occasionally use hand held tools.
- Ability to drive vehicle.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to frequently lift monitors and printers weighing up to 40 pounds. Ability to periodically climb and drive. Ability to occasionally use rolling carts and dollies. Ability to occasionally carry, hold, lift, reach, stoop and turn. Ability to frequently grasp, carry, sit, stand, walk, and use keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision for driving. Ability to speak and hear required.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $21.98 ($24.50 with an MLS/MLIS) and an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by October 2, 2018.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Last updated: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 18:11 UTC