Temple University Libraries Technology Development seeks a creative engineer to help build and maintain infrastructure for a wide array of web-based services. The Infrastructure Engineer will help grow our devops culture, and will take the lead on automated deployments, configuration management, monitoring, linux system administration, and security. In partnership with developers and project managers, they will design application architecture and implement robust production environments to ensure high availability of services.
What you'll work on
- Design and build infrastructure for development, testing, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of our Linux-based applications.
- Collaborate with software developers and project managers on designing and developing applications and deployment processes.
- Design and manage storage solutions for application and preservation systems.
- Maintain locally installed third-party applications.
- Provide management with recommendations for technical improvements/operational efficiencies.
- Represent the Temple University Libraries in communication with central IT Services, third-party vendors, and collaborators.
- Write and maintain documentation about application and systems.
- Contribute to open source and community-based software projects.
- Keep current with evolving web and library-related software and technologies, especially in domains of desired growth for the Libraries.
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and applications to support the Libraries and University Press, and other partner organizations supported by the Libraries.
- Contribute technical expertise to develop body of knowledge within project team
- Participate in establishing training needs, coach and mentor project team members, and provide technical training.
- May supervise other developers (full-time staff or part-time student workers)
Useful experience and skills would include:
- At least three years of Linux system administration.
- Experience with automated provisioning with Ansible, Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience with Rails, LAMP, and Java application deployment
- One or more programming language such as Ruby, Python, bash, Java, etc.
- Experience administering MySQL or other database management systems.
- Experience administering Solr, Apache.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Temple University Library benefits include:
- Generous vacation and PTO allowances (that we want you to use)
- Excellent health care coverage options
- Flexible working environment
- Generous retirement contributions
Remote working may be considered for the right candidate.
How to apply
Chad Nelson - firstname.lastname@example.org - @bibliotechy
Submitted by: bibliotechy
Published: Friday, September 14, 2018 15:02 UTC
Last updated: Friday, September 14, 2018 15:58 UTC