The University Library at California State University, Sacramento is hiring for the Head of Library Information Systems
First review of applications begins on 9/12, so apply now!
As the center of campus intellectual discovery, the Sacramento State University Library promotes teaching, learning, research, and scholarly communication at the University by integrating the Library with campus student success programs and instruction. One of twenty-three libraries in the California State University System, the Library holds over 1.4 million volumes, comprised of print and electronic monographs and serials, and is a Federal Document Depository. The Library's mission is to inspire excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities.
The University Library is undergoing rapid transformation with a forward-thinking mission and vision and a deep commitment to improving the campus learning environment. We welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds to join our growing organization of 26 library faculty, 34 staff and approximately 40 FTE student assistants.
The Head of Library Information Systems reports to the Associate Dean for Digital Technologies and Resource Management, and serves to provide leadership and direction for innovative services and technologies. The position will define and articulate the vision, strategic directions, and priorities for information technology in a dynamic environment that values creativity, teamwork and innovation.
* The Head of Library Information Systems is responsible for the management of the Library Information Systems Department, which includes planning, budgeting, and setting policy for information resources in the University Library.
* The Head of Library Information Systems directly supervises staff responsible for desktop support, application development, the Library web sites, supporting digital services, infrastructure architecture and administration, and supports staff in the performance of their duties.
* The individual will lead a service-oriented program that researches, develops, and supports advanced information systems for the Library, and ensures excellent operational management of information systems and support of end users.
* The Head of Library Information Systems provides leadership in coordinating and defining system requirements and tasks for library-wide projects and initiatives.
* The Head of Library Information Systems will work closely with Library Administration, University IT, and other stakeholders to take advantage of technological developments that enhance teaching, learning, research, and scholarship.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 21:42 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 21:42 UTC