Job Number: 33818
Are you an innovative librarian who is enthusiastic about emerging interactive media technologies and library services? Do you want to be a part of our new and exciting services that will engage and make a difference to our customers? If so, EPL is the place for you!
As the Digital Initiatives Librarian with a focus on Digital Exhibits, you will facilitate the development and curation of captured stories, data and images for presentation on EPL's flagship immersive interactive digital wall. In addition, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of digital media installations, coordinating visualization scheduling and visitation for external STEAM programs. Your strong collaboration skills will support you in building relationships with partners and sponsors who will contribute to the creation, design, implementation and delivery of digital visualization exhibits. In this role, you will also help staff develop their digital literacy skills, and will develop programs for and deliver excellent services to our customers
As the ideal candidate, you will have an engaging approach to instructing others, be creative and analytical in developing services or troubleshooting, enjoy the challenges of learning and working with diverse digital technology and devices and have excellent project management skills. Within the framework of EPL's community-led service philosophy, you will continually monitor new developments in visualization technology, interactive media and library services to identify, evaluate and recommend educational and engaging digital media initiatives for our communities. Using your passion for technology, you will develop training and resources to support customer experiences and enhance staff learning.
* Master of Library and Information Studies degree, or equivalent, from an ALA-accredited institution is required.
* Experience developing and delivering technology-focused library services and programs is preferred.
* Project management experience is an asset.
What do you need to bring to this position?
* Customer service orientation.
* Strong technology skills to develop interactive media and digital visualization services.
* Strong organizational, time and project management skills.
* Ability to assess community interests and needs and develop a plan to deliver services accordingly, in keeping with EPL's business plan and strategic directions.
* Ability to lead development of and delivery of effective and engaging interactive media experiences including program resources for staff and customers.
* Effective problem solving and analytical abilities.
* Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
* The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
* A commitment to upholding the Canadian Federation of Library Associations position statements on Intellectual Freedom<http://cfla-fcab.ca/en/programs/guidelines-and-position-papers/statement-on-intellectual-freedom-and-libraries/> and Diversity and Inclusion<http://cfla-fcab.ca/en/programs/guidelines-and-position-papers/position-statement-on-diversity-and-inclusion/>.
Who we are:
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in fact, it's very simple: We share. We share stories, ideas and experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We are Edmonton's largest lender of all manner of information and entertainment.
$38.56 - $49.22 per hour*
*Approximately $70,463 - $89,930 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
Shift differential may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of the CSU 52 Collective Agreement.
* This position will require some travel throughout Edmonton. Access to a vehicle for business purposes would be an asset.
Posting Date: Aug 10, 2018
Closing Date: Aug 19, 2018 11:59:00 PM (DST)
For more information about this position and other jobs available at the Edmonton Public Library, please visit https://www.epl.ca/careers-at-epl/ and apply online. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Last updated: Thursday, August 23, 2018 21:19 UTC