Reporting to the University Librarian, the Associate University Librarian for Information Technology and Discovery Services serves in a senior administrative capacity for the University Library and collaborates with library leadership on strategic planning, budget, policy development, communication, and assessment in support of the library and university missions. The Associate University Librarian for Information Technology and Discovery Services is responsible for oversight of the information technology, technical, and access services operations of the University Library, including: information technology applications and services, acquisition and description of library collections, access and management of library collections (including e-resource lifecycle management), digital content creation, description, and curation, and integration of digital content into consortial discovery systems. The Associate University Librarian for Information Technology and Discovery Services collaborates with other members of the senior leadership team and with library staff and committees on issues of shared responsibility, including acquisition of library materials, e-resource discovery and management, digital content creation and curation, scholarly communications, digital scholarship services, etc. The Associate University Librarian for Information Technology and Discovery Services may serve as a liaison librarian in assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Information Technology Management:
- Provides leadership for the overall direction and resulting priorities, goals, and objectives for technology services in the University Library and for library contributions to the academic and research computing environment at the University.
- Prepares short-term and strategic information technology plans; identifies, researches, and recommends new technology products and initiatives.
- Oversees the work of information technology units, committees, and working groups in the library.
- Collaborates with the Associate University Librarian for Teaching, Learning, and Research Services on the delivery and assessment of services provided at the Access Services Desk(s), on the delivery and assessment of services provided in technology-enhanced library spaces, and on digital content and service strategies.
- Collaborates with the Director of Business and Administration on budget planning and acquisition of information technology, management of technology licenses, contact with outside vendors, and preparation of technology budgets; serves as liaison to the Division of Information Services.
Technical Services Management:
- Provides leadership for the overall direction and resulting priorities, goals, and objectives for technical services in the University Library.
- Oversees the work of the Coordinator of Technical Services in managing the lifecycle of metadata and e-resources and the supporting processes, management, discovery, and retrieval systems that enable knowledge access and discovery.
- Collaborates with the Associate University Librarian for Teaching, Learning, and Research Services on issues related to acquisitions and collection management.
- Collaborates with the Director of Business and Administration on issues related to acquisitions and budget planning.
- Collaborates with colleagues in the library and in consortial organizations to design, oversee, and assess special projects related to content discovery, access, and management.
Access Services Management:
- Provides leadership for access services programs in the University Library.
- Oversees the work of the Coordinator of Access Services in managing circulation, interlibrary loan, document delivery, and other resource-sharing programs, as well as management of collections housed in remote storage facilities.
Liaison Librarian Services:
- Serves as liaison librarian to one or more academic or co-curricular programs, as assigned, including responsibilities for provision of information and instructional services, collection management, and engagement with faculty, staff, and students promoting library resources and services.
- Maintains an awareness of best practices in academic librarianship with a focus on technology trends, the strategic role of information technology within academic libraries, and discovery services through reading scholarly and professional literature, participating in relevant conferences, workshops, and professional development programs, and applying lessons learned to current needs in the University Library.
- Participates and represents the University Libraries in University, state, regional, or national professional service activities.
To see the complete list of requirements for this position, and to apply, please visit: https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/careers/
- Select “Current Employees” or “External Applicants,” as appropriate
- Select “Associate University Librarian for Information Technology and Discovery Services (Job ID 3238)
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Thursday, August 9, 2018 21:03 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, August 9, 2018 21:03 UTC