The Systems Librarian will manage current library enterprise systems including ExLibris Alma, ILLiad, and OCLC’s EZProxy. The Systems Librarian will also research, recommend, and adopt standard and emerging tools and applications related to library information technology. Through collaboration with Campus ITS and partner libraries in Southern Nevada, the Systems Librarian will explore and implement third-party integrations and underutilized system capabilities to improve library workflows.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and open-minded with the ability to function in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment. Their attention to detail will guide them in resolving system issues that are complex and ambiguous. They will be able to learn and adapt within a project-based work environment to discover solutions and improve services.
About Nevada State College
Founded in 2002, NSC is a comprehensive public college located on a developing 500-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada (adjacent to Las Vegas). NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary student support, evidence-based practices, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all departments across campus.
NSC serves approximately 4,200 students who are highly diverse and largely underserved—a majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students. We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our young institution.
About the Marydean Martin Library
As the first “bookless” academic library in the state of Nevada, the Marydean Martin Library focuses its effort on improving outcomes for the College’s largely first-generation, diverse, and underrepresented student population. The Library regularly partners with faculty on course design; enhances the affordability of course content with open educational resources; and collaborates with faculty to integrate new technology such as 3D printing services into the curriculum. The Library also has a deep collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research that has led to research findings indicating that students who use the library’s digital collections and services have improved research assignment grades, semester GPA, academic standing, and one-term retention.
- Provides leadership for and management of all library enterprise systems including ExLibris Alma, OCLC’s ILLiad, and EZProxy
- Manages the Library’s patron database, notices, and loan rules in ExLibris Alma
- Maintains bibliographic and holdings records in ExLibris Alma and OCLC Connexion
- Prepares and maintains system logs, reports, and statistical data to assist in evidence-based decision making.
- Collaborates with campus ITS on third-party integrations with library enterprise systems
- Serves as the primary liaison to partner libraries in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE)
- Creates scholarly products; actively participates in library, college, and national committees, professional engagement or service; and meets other NSC requirements for promotion and tenure
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree or equivalent by the start date
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative project-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- At least two years of experience with technical services in an academic library
- Experience managing and maintaining library enterprise systems
- Familiarity with ExLibris Alma, OCLC’s ILLiad, and EZProxy
- Knowledge of relevant metadata standards including MARC, XML, and OpenURL
- Familiarity with relevant library workflows such as interlibrary loan, cataloging, knowledgebase management, link resolvers, and circulation
Salary & Benefits
Tenure-track, Assistant Professor level. Salary range is $55,000-60,000 dependent upon experience.
Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including 14.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and the choice of two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 15:32 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 15:32 UTC