Full time Remote / Telecommute
We're looking for a UI Developer to learn from and contribute to an experienced team committed to collaboration, rapid iteration, and continuous delivery, in a not-for-profit startup environment.
WHO WE ARE
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) aims to create a world in which all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations, across disciplines, borders, and time. We are an international non-profit organization, with a virtual office and staff based in countries around the world. We use open tools to develop and maintain our core offering, the ORCID Registry, and collaborate with the research community to build connectors in research systems where researchers may use their ORCID iD.
UI Developer responsibilities:
- Produce beautiful and functional designs and mockups
- Work with the Front End Technical Lead to develop and improve the ORCID Registry
- Author use-cases, technical/functional requirements, tests, and code
- Participate actively in iterative development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives), and design sessions with project teams and working groups
- Collaborate with team members, consultants, designers, the development community, and users to provide accurate estimations, timelines, and risk assessments
- Engage with team members and the broader community of ORCID members and users to gather feedback and develop solutions to address community needs
- Contribute back to the open-source community through code and documentation
- Experience w/ producing mockups and wireframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- 6 months to 10 years development experience, preferably in a startup environment
NICE TO HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with user testing
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with Java Web Frameworks
- Experience with UX prototyping tools
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with supporting internationalization including right-to-left layouts
- Public GitHub profile
- You’re scrappy (resourceful and self-starting)
- Remote position - work from anywhere with internet!
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Laptop provided
- Knowledgeable and involved Board and community participants
US $50,000-70,000 depending on experience and location.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your letter please include a pirate phrase.