We're looking for another person to join our growing team here at NC Cardinal!
NC Cardinal is a consortium of North Carolina public libraries that share an instance of the Evergreen open source ILS, and share resources with other member libraries. Our Evergreen instance is hosted by MOBIUS, but we’re looking to add additional technical capacity on our team. We’re currently a team of four (https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/ld/nc-cardinal), located moments away from the Research Triangle Park in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Triangle is a great place to live, with lots of interesting things going on.
The NC Cardinal Systems Administrator provides technical expertise in managing and developing the NC Cardinal Evergreen Integrated Library System (ILS) application. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying technical needs; evaluating existing software; and participating in long-range software development
- Advising and collaborating with public library staff to effectively resolve complex technical issues regarding NC Cardinal services
- Assessing and analyzing trends in customer needs and service issues; assisting in planning and implementing customer service improvements
- Investigating issues identified by clients and developing solutions through configuration changes, system modifications or software development.
Occasional travel required.
To qualify for this position, you must meet ALL the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies listed below:
- Considerable knowledge of and skills related to the use of current library systems, technologies and tools used in the library and information science profession.
- Considerable knowledge of the services and programs provided to library users including access to library data, collections and information (electronic and physical), and digital services
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of open-source software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of shell scripting, Object Oriented Programming, and SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated skill with technical documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administering Linux based systems
- Demonstrated experience in organizing projects, including setting goals, determining benchmarks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 12, 2018 14:33 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, July 12, 2018 14:33 UTC