Engineering & Science Librarian
The Florida Institute of Technology<https://www.fit.edu/>, located on Florida's Space Coast<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Coast>, has an opening for an Engineering & Science Librarian<https://lib.fit.edu/documents/Job_Posting/Engineering_and_Science_Librarian.pdf>. This is a full-time faculty position which will support faculty and students in several departments in the university's College of Engineering and Science and will play a critical role in library initiatives, including scholarly communication, outreach, and research support.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serves as liaison to engineering and science departments, and cultivates new models of engagement by collaborating with faculty, staff, and students to create value-added services and resources.
* Partners with faculty to integrate advanced research skills into undergraduate and graduate courses. Creates research and resource guides, online tutorials, and other instructional materials.
* Provides proactive research support to meet the information needs of students and faculty.
* Identifies and reviews resources supporting curricular priorities and research needs in collaboration with the Collection Management & Analysis Librarian.
* Serves on Library and university committees.
* Represents Florida Tech as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings.
* Keeps current with relevant research in higher education library trends.
* ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science.
* Enthusiasm and capability to independently identify and develop skills in areas of engineering and science, especially related to research support.
* Aptitude and interest in instruction.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Exceptional service orientation.
* Subject experience in an engineering or science field as an undergraduate or demonstrated equivalent.
* A graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
* Experience in an academic research setting.
For more information about the position, including application procedures, please see the full position advertisement<https://lib.fit.edu/documents/Job_Posting/Engineering_and_Science_Librarian.pdf>.
Last updated: Sunday, July 29, 2018 16:50 UTC
How to apply
Ashley C. Huser, MLIS
Digital Resources Librarian
Psychology & Behavior Analysis Liaison
Evans Library | Florida Institute of Technology
150 W. University Blvd. | Melbourne, FL 32901
AHuser@fit.edu | (321) 674
Published: Sunday, July 29, 2018 16:50 UTC