Linux System Administrator
**If you have any questions about the employer or the position, please let Whitni Watkins know (contact). Remote work is an option but not included in the job description. Add referral as Whitni Watkins**
Seeking a talented individual with experience developing and maintaining Linux on high-end servers and virtual systems running Redhat Enterprise Linux. The successful candidate will become part of an existing global team of Systems Administrators supporting a diverse design community of hardware and software developers. The ideal candidate would have a good working knowledge of software development tools and methods, including revision controls tools, integrated development environments, automated build systems, and Atlassian tools (jira, bitbucket, confluence).
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent education and relevant experience is required. Should have 3 or more years of Linux based systems administration. The applicant should have practical, hands on, experience in many of the following areas.
- Knowledgeable on software development tools and methods (git, jenkins, Atlassian tools(jira, bitbucket, confluence), various IDEs)
- Devops and Infrastructure Management (Central management of system upgrades & configuration)
- Networked and Distributed computing services (NFS, Samba, automounter, DNS, Sendmail, Cups, and TCP/IP).
- Identity Management Configuration and Management (LDAP, Kerberos, NIS, Active Directory)
- Redhat Utilities (Kickstart, Satellite Server, System Configuration Tools)
- Debugging and Troubleshooting Skills: System and Network (performance analysis and network troubleshooting)
- Coding in one or more UNIX shells/scripting languages, (sh/bash, csh/tcsh, Perl, Python)
- Network Storage, Management of Network Appliances.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
How to apply
Submitted by: _whitni
Published: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 17:47 UTC