Librarian II - Electronic Resources Librarian & Web Manager
Prairie View A&M University — Prairie View, Texas
0 other recent jobs
Created: May 25, 2018
- Prairie View PVAMU
Apply with LinkedIn
Job TitleLibrarian II - Electronic Resources Librarian & Web Manager
AgencyPrairie View A&M University
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationPrairie View, Texas (25 miles beyond northwest Houston's outer limits)
The Librarian II (Electronic Services & Web Manager) , under general supervision, performs professional tasks in one or more functional areas within the Library.
Required Education and Experience:
- Manage the library ILS innovative Interfaces ILS systems ILS system - Innovative Interfaces systems (Sierra), Discover systems (Encore) to ensure optimal operations of these systems. Assist library staff in the optimal use of these systems. Solve complex issues with the overall function of the ILS and other library electronic systems.
- Develop, plan and promote the Library’s Present on the Internet by creating and maintaining the Library’s Web-site; provide innovative and state-of-the –art web technology.
- Maintain staff and public-use computer workstations.
- Serve on Library Committees; assume leadership role as Chair of selected library committees; pursue opportunities for professional development, including workshops, conferences, seminars, and specialized training classes.
- Serve as a department liaison librarian; perform collection development duties; assist in the Reference and Circulation Departments as needed; manage all electronic databases updates, and serve as the in-house contact for subscriptions. Assist with digitization, mobile technology, repositories, and related grant proposals and projects.
- Consult with all library department and units in selecting materials to be included on the web site; design and maintain departmental web-pages; provide access to all digital library resources, including the online catalog, full-text databases, interlibrary loan, reserves, and other library resources and services, through web-site links; maintain digital files in all formats.
- Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Two years of related experience in an academic library setting.
Familiarity with WordPress and web development (HTML5, XML, CSS) is a huge plus.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, May 26, 2018 03:07 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, May 26, 2018 03:07 UTC