Information Technology Systems and Services Coordinator
Description and Responsibilities
OCLS invites qualified candidates to apply for this exciting full-time appointment in the area of Information Technology (IT), support services and project management for the libraries in Ontario’s 24 publicly funded colleges. The successful candidate will participate in the development, support, and coordination of a range of consortial services offered to the college libraries. The ability to understand their needs and translate that understanding into concrete action that will enhance our services is central to this position.
Working in conjunction with other members of the OCLS Information Technology and Services teams, the major responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Delivering exemplary customer service to Ontario’s 24 college libraries;
- Undertaking and coordinating projects in support of the services provided to the college libraries;
- Managing and supporting the colleges’ SirsiDynix Symphony Integrated Library System (ILS) consortium, used by 13 colleges;
- Supporting and assisting with the maintenance and development of the Colleges Object Repository (CORe) service which is based on Islandora software and used by 7 colleges;
- Supporting development and maintenance of the Colleges Union Catalogue and COLLECT discovery interface;
- Supporting the Request Tracker helpdesk ticket tracking system;
- Participating in qualitative and quantitative evaluation of services delivery and the analysis and tracking of pertinent data and statistics to demonstrate value to OCLS customers;
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant trends and issues in the field.
The qualifications listed below are highly desirable but not necessarily mandatory. Candidates are invited to demonstrate how their skills, knowledge, and experience would best fit this position in their letter of application.
- Experience working in libraries, preferably Canadian academic libraries; ALA-accredited graduate degree from a Library and Information Sciences program or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- System thinking and technical acumen, sense of curiosity, interest and ability to learn new technology tools/skills, general knowledge of technology in academic libraries and an opinion on its evolution and impact on service delivery;
- Relevant experience developing, implementing or managing IT systems in the context of libraries (e.g. ILS/LMS, digital repositories, discovery tools, etc.);
- Experience administrating an integrated library system such as SirsiDynix Symphony;
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Perl), APIs, web editing and development (e.g. Drupal) and advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Demonstrated project management experience, ability to work independently or in a team, excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Experience in and strong commitment to outstanding user experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluency in French would be an asset;
What OCLS Offers
- Competitive compensation; the entry level salary for this Band 9 position is $65,250
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Small staff working in cross-functional teams;
- Opportunities to build relationships across the province;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits;
- CAAT Pension Plan;
- Minimum of 3 weeks vacation per year;
· Employee and family assistance program (EFAP).
Join OCLS in providing quality services to Ontario’s publicly funded colleges and their libraries and learning resource centres. Visit our website for more details http://www.ocls.ca and view the OCLS Strategic Plan for our values, mission, and additional information.
OCLS respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. OCLS is also an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, OCLS will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process. Off-site interviews can be arranged.
Position Start Date - ~June 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by submitting a letter of application, current resume, and a list of three references in a single file labelled with “Your Name_#137” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org “Your Name - #137” in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Last updated: Monday, May 7, 2018 01:18 UTC