Online Learning Librarian
The online learning librarian provides leadership and coordinates the development, design, implementation, and assessment of online and hybrid instructional initiatives. The librarian coordinates and works collaboratively with other librarians, library staff, and other units on campus to design, build, embed, and assess active learning pedagogies, especially online tutorials, guides, videos, and other multimedia library instructional materials. The online learning librarian also serves as a subject librarian and liaison to selected academic departments.
Located just 15 miles north of Boston, Salem State University is one of the largest and most diverse state universities in Massachusetts. Situated in the exciting, historic seacoast city of Salem, the university provides a diverse community of over 8,000 students with a high quality, student-centered education that prepares them to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society. Over the past decade, the campus has added nearly 760,000 square feet of state-of-the-art academic and student life spaces, including the Frederick E. Berry Library and Learning Commons which opened in 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates the development, design, implementation, and assessment of online and hybrid instructional initiatives
2. Serves as a subject librarian and liaison between the library and assigned academic departments
3. Promotes, provides, and assesses library instruction - both online and in-person - in support of assigned departments and other disciplines as needed with an emphasis on online guides and tutorials
4. Serves as the library's web content administrator, including administration of Libguides CMS
5. Leads the integration of new instructional technologies that enhance library access, instruction, and the research experience and promote student success; collaborates with campus partners, such as Information Technology Services, Academic Technology, and the Center for Teaching Innovation
6. Develops and delivers training and staff development opportunities for enhancing technology skills; supports librarians and library staff in learning and implementing technologies that improve library operations and services
7. Promotes the use of Open Educational Resources (OERs) to academic departments and assists with coordination of campus outreach efforts
8. Oversees and directs the work of support staff and student staff
9. Leads efforts to utilize social media to increase awareness of library resources and services
10. Prepares budgets and project plans to propose the purchase and implementation of new equipment and software
11. Supports and contributes to digital humanities and digital scholarship initiatives and projects
12. Provides specialized reference services for faculty and students through a variety of methods, including via email, phone, video conferencing, and in-person
13. Responsible for collection development in assigned disciplines, including assessment, selection, and deselection
14. Participates in general library instruction and information literacy initiatives, including general orientations, tours, and the Summer Bridge Program
15. Contributes to library and university-wide committees, initiatives, and projects as requested
For more information and to apply online, visit the job posting at the Salem State University Career Center.
Last updated: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 14:35 UTC
How to apply
Cathey Fahey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 14:35 UTC