Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a small team of enthusiastic interns to join PLI for a 10-week internship program this summer. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for students to gain professional business experience in their field of interest in a supportive learning environment.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SUMMARY
The internship program will begin on June 4th and end on August 10th in our midtown Manhattan office. This is a paid internship at the rate of $15 per hour. A typical work schedule will be 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (including an unpaid one hour lunch break), Monday through Thursday, and 9:30 am to 3:30 pm on Friday. PLI closes early on Friday during the summer months.
Our internship program will offer students the opportunity to learn, perform tasks and take part in projects that relate to their academic majors. A unique feature of our internship program is weekly attendance at the Speakers’ Series, which are short presentations from various departments providing an overview of our operations, career guidance and more!
Below is a brief description of the department seeking interns and the corresponding internship assignment:
Legal Information Services and Electronic Publishing
The Legal Information Services and Electronic Publishing is responsible for the strategy, creation, and ongoing development of PLI PLUS, our online research platform. This department also supports customers with training and sells publishing products to law school and manage their accounts.
· Locate ebook files and/or generating them via an automated generation process
· Evaluate files for completeness
· Performing basic XML cleanup
· Managing ebook components using PLI’s content management systems
· Deploy ebooks to our online research database (PLI Plus) and assist with other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Qualified interns fall under one of the following categories:
o Rising senior college undergraduate
o 2018 college graduate from an accredited undergraduate program
o Current law school student
o 2018 or recent law school graduate
· Must be available to participate in the program the full 10 weeks, beginning June 4th and ending August 10th.
· Must have the ability to work Monday – Thursday from 9 or 9:30 am – 5 or 5:30 pm plus shorter day on Friday. In addition, attendance at the intern Speakers’ Series for the duration of the program is mandatory.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Some intern assignments will require familiarity with department-specific software.
· Some intern assignments will require current attendance at law school, completion of law school, or graduate studies in a particular field.
· Must have the ability to provide recommendation letters from school and/or previous employer.
· Will be required to provide documentation of academic record displaying a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
Qualified internship applicants please submit your resume and cover letter online. Only candidates who provide a cover letter will be considered.
For 85 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center.
Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu. Thank you for your interest in working at PLI.
How to apply
Published: Friday, April 13, 2018 14:47 UTC
Last updated: Friday, April 13, 2018 14:47 UTC