Senior Systems Librarian ** This is a 3-Year Term appointment (with the possibility of extension)**
The MIT Libraries are seeking an expert Senior Systems Librarian to join the Enterprise Services Team, which is part of the Technology Systems and Support Services Department. Reporting to the Head of Technology Systems and Support Services, the Senior Systems Librarian works to ensure optimal performance and reliability of the Libraries’ enterprise applications. S/he leads the migration from the Aleph ILS and onto the next generation Libraries’ Platform. The Library’s Enterprise Environment includes the Aleph ILS, Cognos reporting system, SFX EZProxy, Vera ERM, ILLiad, BorrowDirect, Visual Collection systems, archives management systems, and others.
The Senior Systems Librarian is tasked with the following primary responsibilities:
• Cooperates with library staff to prepare for and execute the ILS migration
• Acts as the MIT Libraries’ main Aleph technical lead and domain expert
• Works collaboratively with a wide range of staff to ensure continued and efficient operations of the ILS
• Performs systems analysis, project planning, execution of technical tasks, systems management and documentation; as well as user support
• Provides high-quality support and maintains robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library services and resources
• Contributes to the continuous improvement, extension, and integration of the Library’s various systems and increasingly sophisticated search tools
• Participates in the ongoing management of the Libraries portfolio of ILS software and related integrations and applications, products or tools
The Technology Systems and Support Services department is charged with delivering reliable, flexible systems and services, and improving everyday tasks and operations that support the mission of the Libraries. As a team, we are committed to providing an excellent and stable production environment, and to planning and implementing improvements that will provide benefits for the immediate as well as long term future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
• 5+ years progressive experience in technical analysis, enterprise systems deployment, computer systems design, complex system configuration, programming or technical implementation of library systems and services.
• 4+ years of experience in a technology role at a research library or equivalent.
• 4+ years of experience working with the Exlibris’ Aleph ILS
• Demonstrated technical experience with Oracle Databases, SQL, Perl, and Shell scripting
• Experience playing a key role in a major enterprise migration project
• Excellent oral and written communication, including the ability to clearly describe complex functions and processes to a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with teams, individuals, vendors or other partners.
• Knowledge of current access services protocols (ex. NCIP, OpenURL), resource sharing workflows, Electronic Resources Management, Metadata, and systems integrations
• Experience creating and running complex scripts and reports against databases or data warehouse
• Graduate degree in Information science, or equivalent
• Solid project management, organization and analytical skills
• Adaptability and the ability to learn new software, programs, or technologies quickly.
• Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
• Proven creativity, initiative, and dedication to achieving the goals of the organization
• Demonstrated experience in discovering issues, improving processes or finding opportunities to deliver increased value to customers or user communities
• Experience with reporting tools such as Cognos, BrioQuery, or Tableau
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$93,000 is minimum salary. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and experience. MIT offers excellent benefits including a choice of health and retirement plans, a dental plan, tuition assistance, and fully subsidized MBTA passes for local bus and subway service. Flexible work arrangements, including flextime and telecommuting, are considered for positions that meet established criteria. The MIT Libraries afford a flexible and collegial working environment and foster professional growth of staff with management training and travel funding for professional meetings.
Apply online at: http://careers.mit.edu/; applications must include cover letter and resume. Priority will be given to applications received by April 30, 2018; position open until filled. MIT is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community and particularly encourages applications from qualified women and minority candidates. Professionals who enthusiastically embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection and respect of a multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work and interactions are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Submitted by: email@example.com
Published: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 16:38 UTC