Electronic Resources Department - Administrative Headquarters
Position Overview: (Position will expire no later than April 18)
The Web Developer is responsible for modeling excellent customer service to all staff and customers by developing and maintaining web pages and implementing creative concepts and functionality using modern web development tools and CMS systems.
The Web Developer is part of a small, highly collaborative team with shared work that includes front-end development, custom PHP coding, Drupal development, and maintenance of other open-source applications.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, overtime exempt position with a minimum annual salary of $50,448.
Reports to: Electronic Resources Manager
- Supports, promotes, implements, and makes decisions based on established Library policies, guidelines, and programs
- Knowledge and support of the principles of intellectual freedom including the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read statement
- Models excellent customer service attitude and delivery, supporting a collaborative and inclusive workplace
- Consistently exhibits leadership qualities and professional attitudes and behaviors
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each Library employee’s contributions
- Maintains regular and dependable personal attendance and punctuality based on commitment to the Library
- Establishes and maintains supportive working relationships with co-workers and other departments/branches
- Plans and allocates library resources systematically
- Consistently meets expectations set forth in the Exempt Employee Expectations Document
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides custom programming and web application development using Drupal
- Works individually and as part of a team to find solutions
- Implements solutions for Virtual Branch and other MCPL websites
- Testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Virtual Branch and other MCPL websites
- Learns new skills and maintains existing skills
- Participates in continuing education opportunities
- Explores and evaluates unused features of Drupal developing
- Designs relational databases for public and staff applications
- Installs, configures and maintains web server software and operating systems
- Develops policies regarding security and disaster recovery relative to web servers
- Performs detailed analysis of webserver log files
- Monitors and tunes webserver software and hardware for bandwidth, loading and security issues
- Demonstrates proficiency in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Demonstrates proficient in phpMyAdmin and MySQL database management
- Demonstrates ability to work with XML and RSS feeds
- Possesses strong user skills in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Possesses experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Demonstrates knowledge of web application security considerations
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical users and other teams
- Collaborates with team members and works independently
- Demonstrates eagerness to embrace current and emerging web technologies and Content Management Systems
- Models excellent customer service attitude and delivery
- Uses effective verbal, written, and discreet communication with management, co-workers, and the public
- Exhibits self-motivation with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Possession of a valid driver license and a reliable personal vehicle for use in carrying out the duties of this position including transportation of materials and equipment(mileage reimbursed)
Experience and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 5 years of experience in Web application development required
- 2 years of experience in Drupal application development
Essential Physical Abilities to be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation are:
- Clarity of speech and hearing which permits the employee to communicate effectively with the supervisor and other employees.
- Vision which permits the employee to produce and review a wide variety of library materials, written correspondence, reports and related materials in both electronic and hard copy form.
- Manual dexterity which permits the employee to operate a keyboard and any other assigned equipment.
- Personal mobility which permits the employee to monitor and perform assigned library operations, and to attend Library meetings at various locations.
- Tolerance for dust and mold which permits the employee to work with books and other library materials as well as working in older buildings.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Published: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 00:58 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 00:58 UTC