LINK TO APPLY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN JOBS SITE:
Join the Knowledge Grid team at Michigan! (www.kgrid.org)
The Learning and Knowledge Systems User Experience Technical Analyst role requires sharp Health Information Management System analysis skills and outstanding User Experience Design (UXD) skills. It is a role for a top level technical contributor. This combined Analyst and UXD role will be directly involved in the process of making software products useful, usable and delightful for our Division’s target user groups. This includes work on our Knowledge Grid computable biomedical knowledge platform, as well additional projects across the department.
Every year of experience working in the health domain is a big plus for this role. Experience with digital libraries is also a plus.
Our work is both academic and practical. We deliver working software, web sites, and other materials regularly using iterative, incremental techniques. You will be part of a disciplined team of faculty, staff, and students changing the way health care is understood and delivered. The work is highly collaborative, and we regularly explore novel technologies and designs.
We expect a successful candidate to be skilled in different kinds of user research and needs analysis, technical design, software testing, and to have been part of modern, agile implementations of sizable projects. One set of target user groups includes clinicians, researchers, and patients. Another set of users includes technologists, knowledge engineers, and developers who will use and extend our products. You will need to engage all of these folks to elicit and analyze their perspectives for the purpose of making the products we develop even better. Together, the design of online documentation and marketing, creating useful user guides, and using those things to help build an engaged community of users, is a big part of this.
Also, a lot of our work is about integrating multiple systems, and you should have experience designing interfaces for both humans and machines. API and service design is central to several of our initiatives.
Lastly, this role is a leadership role. We are looking for significant experience owning and delivering high-quality designs, working with multiple user groups and helping to communicate their needs to our team, coaching others to improve their skills, and helping to set strategy around ongoing product direction at the product and organization level.
- Work with stakeholders as a business analyst to elicit, document, and refine technical user requirements to meet clinical business needs.
- Plan and execute UX designs for end-user knowledge management and dissemination software systems.
- Work with software developers to implement UX designs and perform Quality Assurance on UX designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5 years’ business analyst and UX design experience
- Demonstrated success in forming and managing professional relationships
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and take a proactive approach to your professional efforts
- Experience managing multiple initiatives, design projects, user engagements, and test efforts
- Professional experience as a user centered designer for health and/or knowledge management system applications
- Previous teaching or coaching experience and/or experience working in an academic research setting
- Healthcare knowledge and experience, e.g. working in a healthcare environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 14:04 UTC