QA and API User Support Specialist
Full time Remote / Telecommute
ORCID is looking for an individual to join our Technical Team providing quality assurance and technical support to clients using the ORCID API. This position will test new features through manual and automated testing and provide technical support to ORCID API users through documentation and email support. In addition, this position will have the opportunity to contribute to other projects, such as metrics and analytics reporting and data maintenance.
This position will report to the QA Lead and is part of the ORCID Technical Team. This position is full time (40 hour/week) and, like all positions at ORCID, is remote.
Who we are
ORCID (https://orcid.org) is an independent non-profit organization that serves the research community. We have a global and interdisciplinary scope. Our core mission is to connect research and researchers. We do this by providing an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities; byproviding tools and training to the community for integrating these identifiers into research workflows; and by building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are seeking a candidate to build, support and execute our regional engagement capacity, with a major emphasis on tactics that will support broad adoption of ORCID and increased membership growth and sustainability for the organization. The position is home-based and will report to the Director of Membership.
- Test new features in the ORCID Registry and report bugs and other flaws.
- Provide technical support for escalated API support cases via email.
- Research, document, respond to and prioritize bug reports.
- Audit and write technical documentation.
- Write automated software testing scripts.
- Facilitate communication with internal and external developers via API mailing list, instant messaging, emails and conference calls.
- Develop and execute software test plans.
- Tech-savvy and detail-oriented.
- Passionate about research and scholarly activities.
- Experience working with developers and providing feedback on technical projects.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience with HTML, XML, and SQL.
- Experience providing customer or technical support, ideally over email.
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong work ethic; ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic, unstructured environment.
- Coding knowledge or the desire to learn to code.
- Able to work during Europe and US business hours (at least half the working day should be between 12 pm-8 pm UTC).
Nice to have requirements
- Experience with scripting languages (Python preferred).
- Experience with APIs.
- Experience with browser automation (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience in the scholarly publishing or academic community.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Drupal or Salesforce.
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Work from where you want to
- Budget for laptop
Send a cover letter, your resume and a pirate joke to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 15:31 UTC