Senior Drupal Developer
384858 Software Engineer Sr
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with the Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategies and Innovations, the Senior Drupal Developer will work alongside project managers, product owners, subject matter experts, writers, UI and graphic designers, as well as systems librarians to develop and enhance our next-generation digital products.
We’re looking for a Senior Drupal Developer who takes a creative approach to problem-solving, often considering unorthodox yet feasible ways to push design and develop digital solutions. A self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity as well as selfless collaboration with a diverse set of colleagues. Curiosity, creativity, and initiative are key.
You’ll be responsible for analysis, technical design, implementation, test-driven development, and deployment of products using Agile principles. You’ll help to clarify scope and specifications, and provide and evaluate alternative options for implementing user-focused digital solutions.
- Experience developing enterprise-class Drupal solutions
- Experience developing comprehensive test suites using frameworks and developing and executing quality assurance (Q/A) tests including Q/A automation and test-driven development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline and demonstrated portfolio of work
- 5+ years of experience developing software/digital products
- Experience in Drupal 8 preferred
- Experience with Drupal sites on enterprise LAMP stacks
- Familiarity with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Working knowledge of MySql
- Understanding of and experience working in an Agile development team
- Solid organizational skills, including time management and prioritization, and ability to grow leadership responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong attention to detail
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate and self-motivated. A developer in skill-set first but who enjoys playing in the visual/UX world. Someone who is a self-starter, easy to communicate with and does not hesitate to throw out ideas, be imaginative, and challenge conventional thinking. Working with great in-house talent, this position is ideal for someone who enjoys tinkering and solving a range of dynamic technology problems and is comfortable in a fun, dynamic and fast-moving environment.
If this sounds like you please submit your resume, cover letter, and links to your Github repos, blog and/or website. Some questions to consider in your cover letter:
- What are some projects you’ve done that best represent your capabilities and interests?
- What are some of the most exciting things happening in web development, in particular, in digital libraries?
- Why are you interested in this position?
This position is part of Harvard Public Affairs and Communications on the Harvard Library Communications team. As a client-focused group, the Communications team sits within Harvard Library. The Senior Web Developer will also be a part of the newly formed Harvard Library Web Team, co-run by the Library’s Director of Library Digital Strategies and Innovations and the Director of Communications. The team is made up of a designer, project manager, product owner, writer, systems librarian, and user experience expert. The team works collaboratively and iteratively using Agile principals and is currently redesigning the Harvard Library website, set to launch summer 2018. You will be a critical member of this team.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 20:14 UTC