Web Developer (Posting 3697BR)
RIT Libraries at the Rochester Institute of Technology is looking for a creative, motivated, collaborative, service-oriented developer to help us improve the online delivery of our services to the RIT Community and beyond.
This position will serve as the primary front end web developer for the libraries, working in concert with the rest of the IT team to deliver engaging, responsive, and accessible websites and applications. Our developer will also collaborate with Marketing and Communications to implement the libraries’ theme and branding alongside the University’s style guide in all websites and applications maintained by the libraries.
- Build and maintain Web sites, primarily within the Drupal CMS, for supported departments.
- Conduct requirements gathering for client web development projects and perform analysis to determine the optimal solution.
- Research, install, and evaluate contributed modules for the CMS
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for supported sites and the web environment (requirements, designs, style guides, etc.)
- Provide training and technical support to website editors.
- Participate in campus committees or teams relevant to Web Development at the University.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and best practices in the field of web development.
- Ensuring websites and application meet the accessibility standards of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in a technical field (IT, CS, SE) or combination of education and professional work experience (2 years minimum) as a Web Developer working with Drupal.
Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience:
- Developing Web sites using the Drupal framework as a development platform
- Working with Drupal configuration management (e.g. Features, Drush)
- Working with responsive Web design
- Working with version control systems (GIT preferred)
- Working in a collaborative technical environment with users and web developers.
- Website development for traditional and mobile platforms.
- Creation of innovative and engaging web experiences.
- Drupal 7/8 Implementation and development experience.
- Proficiency with image editing software, such as adobe Photoshop.
- Successfully dealing with cross browser and cross platform compatibility issues.
- Working with existing sites and code to resolve issues, improve performance, and ensure accessibility
- Understanding and adherence to secure coding concepts.
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational database systems.
Process and organizational experience:
- Willingness to be a team player and ability to work well with others.
- Writing well documented & standards compliant code.
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for completing work
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong self-direction and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with business partners and end users.
- Ability to comprehensibly convey technical concepts to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong conceptual and creative skills.
- Experience with feedback collection & usability testing.
- Willingness to learn and implement new technologies, methodologies, and business concepts as needed.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in a higher education environment is preferred.
- Experience working in an Academic library environment strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of developing websites in Drupal CMS.
- Experience working with Drupal 7 and 8.
- Experience in transitioning content between Drupal versions.
- Experience developing and modifying custom modules for Drupal.
- Familiarity with JSON and REST services.
- Experience with decoupled (headless) Drupal.
How to apply
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Thursday, March 1, 2018 15:46 UTC