ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FOR LIBRARY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITAL STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (UC) is a catholic, non-profit, comprehensive university, and is among the best internationally recognized educational institutions in Latin America. UC Chile is seeking applicants for the position of Associate Director for Library Information Technology and Digital Strategy Development. UC libraries have a solid foundation in the provision of traditional library services. A set of tools and technologies have previously been implemented allowing the library to attain a satisfactory level. New products have been added over the years expanding the library´s collection from print to electronic resources. As the library enters a new phase where it seeks to strengthen its capacity to serve the university, it must renew its technical infrastructure, both in terms of software and services, and in terms of strategical planning focused on technology.
The Associate Director is in charge of leading the Library Information Technology and Digital Strategy Development in order to meet university, students, faculty and staff strategic needs in the digital environment. The Associate Director provides insight for the development of resources and services that meet the scholarly and intellectual needs of the university community and works closely with other university officers to anticipate the needs of the university.
Specific responsibilities of this position include information technology strategical planning, evaluation and development of library programs and services, assistance in university accreditation, community extension, building and fostering of cooperative relationships, and management of finances and budget of library IT information services.
The Associate Director for Library Information Technology and Digital Strategy Development is the chief technology officer for library services, and as such will provide, insight, planning, organization, development, implementation, assessment, and direction in all aspects of library technology services.
· Leads an IT Unit whose strategic priorities are to provide outstanding IT service to the university libraries staff through computing and applications support and to faculty, students and stakeholders through deployment of cutting edge technology to support research, teaching and learning.
· Develops and implement library technology plans. Deploy sound project management practices including goal-problem identification and decision analyses.
· Participate in long term planning process for the library, that includes recommending changes or improvements and developing new types of services and operations.
· Recommend technology related policies and procedures to library Director and advise on long term needs concerning these areas.
· Oversee automation of library administrative functions.
· Supervise, coordinate and manage staff members of the IT unit.
· Develop technology assessments and plans based on customer, library and staff needs.
· Lead the implementation of a new information infrastructure able to collect and disseminate the scholarly reports, journal articles and other outputs created through research conducted within the university.
· Serve as liaison with university’s Information Technology Units, including negotiating for and coordinating service support as needed.
· Develop technology competences for staff, create staff training and troubleshooting manuals, and hold staff training sessions as needed.
· Develop and strengthen cooperative arrangements with other institutions to expand and improve services to both the university faculty and students and the broader public community, served by the university and the library facility.
· Manage complex tasks and adapt to changing institutional priorities using a collaborative and collegial work style.
· Support involvement and contributions by faculty, staff and students to encourage a dynamic professional/scholarship development program in the Library.
· 5+ years of library experience related to position responsibilities, including collection development and reference in an academic or public library.
· In depth understanding of technological trends and development in academic libraries and strong commitment to keep up with new technologies.
· Experience and skill in evaluating and implementing information technology applications, and in collaborating with academic computer operations in a campus setting.
· Demonstrated knowledge of library information technology standards, protocols, issues and trends.
· Proven project management, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
· Previous supervisory experience.
· Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
· A record as an accomplished leader with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Experience in working collaboratively with students/staff/faculty in a team environment.
· A demonstrated commitment to the mission of an urban-focused university.
· A demonstrated commitment to cultural, ethnic, and gender diversity, affirmative action, and equal opportunity and diversity.
· Experience with innovative Library and Information Service programs, approaches, or modes of delivery.
· Experience managing software and hardware programs.
· Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in, new and emerging technologies and strategic plan development.
· Demonstrated record of innovation in developing and implementing new services; experience using technology to support service innovation.
· Ability to contribute to the profession through librarianship, research and scholarly publications and involvement in regional or national professional organizations.
Application: Send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received March 31st, 2018.
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their application:
1. Letter of interest addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position.
2. Current curriculum vitae or resume.
If you have any other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Talent Development Associate Director, Carmen Luz Urbina at email@example.com or at +562 2354 2908.
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law.
Visit our web site at http://www.uc.cl
Last updated: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 14:41 UTC
How to apply
If you have any other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Talent Development Associate Director, Carmen Luz Urbina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 14:41 UTC