Instructor, Librarian-Systems & Technical Services Tenure-Track
The Systems & Technical Services Librarian is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and training staff in the use of the library management system and oversight of the Library's Technical Services department. The Systems & Technical Services Librarian manages collection development, acts as liaison to academic departments, and serves on library and college committees. This position is also the College Archivist.
The Systems & Technical Services Librarian is responsible for providing reference services to library patrons within the library, over the phone, and using the library's email and chat service. The Systems & Technical Services Librarian will teach information literacy sessions for the IL program and for liaison departments. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Maintain and oversee the library management system.
- Work closely with the Electronic Resources & Web Services Librarian to maintain library technologies, for example, authentication, server, and various system configurations.
- Serve as liaison to the library management system vendor and campus technology services.
- Knowledge of cataloging principles, including MARC and RDA, and ability to catalog original materials.
- Oversee collection development, including library materials budget, inventory, and statistics.
- Analyze reports generated by the library management system to assess collection usage patterns.
- Serve as liaison to academic departments.
- Maintain college archives, including digitization of appropriate materials and creating finding aids.
- Represent the Library on academic and college-wide committees.
- Participate in the Library's Instruction and Reference Program.
- Supervise support staff members in the Technical Services Department.
- Eligible to serve in the rotating position of Library Chair.
- An M.L.S. degree or equivalent from a graduate school of library science accredited by the American Library Association.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience in Systems Librarianship and/or Technical Services.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience.
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Knowledge of OCLC systems.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume/vita and unofficial transcripts online. Applications received by January 1, 2018 will be considered in the first review of applicants.
Initial salary and rank will be based on the successful candidate's educational qualifications and professional experience. The College also offers an attractive employee benefits package.
We regret that we are unable to respond individually to each application. Applicants chosen for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Last updated: Sunday, February 11, 2018 15:46 UTC
How to apply
Published: Sunday, February 11, 2018 15:46 UTC