Utah State University’s MerrillCazier Library seeks an analytical, collaborative, and innovative individual to serve as the Assessment Coordinator in a tenure-track faculty role of Assistant or Associate Librarian. This newly created position reports to the Department Head/Associate Dean for Instruction, Collections, and Patron Services and works with library faculty and staff cultivating a culture of assessment. The Assessment Coordinator develops and directs, in conjunction with library faculty and staff, assessment projects of library resources, services, spaces, and technology to help determine impact and achievement of library and university mission and strategic goals.
- Strategize and coordinate with library faculty and staff, the on-going, long-term assessment and evaluation of resources, services, spaces, and technology through qualitative and quantitative research design and analytical, data-driven, analysis
- Serve as liaison to campus and consortia assessment efforts, including through subject librarian efforts
- Support library marketing efforts through data analysis and reports
- Chair Library Assessment Committee
- Coordinate collection and preservation of assessment data and reports
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline by May 2018
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and strategize to manage, implement and execute projects
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish complicated tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Familiarity developing and designing assessment activities and gathering and reporting on data via quantitative & qualitative methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including listening, writing, and speaking
- Ability to work as part of a team environment and independently as needed
- Commitment to meeting established Library criteria for promotion and tenure
- Ability to analyze, share data and create reports
- In order to be appointed at the Associate Librarian level, the candidate must have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in an academic setting in addition to the above.
- ALA-accredited MLS
- Experience with, or ability to learn, data analysis and statistical and data visualization tools like Excel or SPSS
- Conversant with IRB protocols
- Prior experience with library assessment
- Academic library experience
Utah State University offers a competitive benefits package, to include medical and dental with a 14.2% retirement contribution by the University, and 22 days/year vacation. The Library provides generous support for professional development and travel.
Utah State University is a multi-campus, land-grant institution. Utah State University’s campus in Logan is located 80 miles north of Salt Lake City, within easy driving distance of many national parks. The surrounding Wasatch Mountains, including ski resorts, trails, lakes and rivers, place Utah State University in one of the finest outdoor recreational environments in the nation.
Review of applications will begin on March 8, 2018, and the position will remain open until filled.
Apply online at: http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=3181.
How to apply
Published: Sunday, February 11, 2018 15:46 UTC
Last updated: Sunday, February 11, 2018 15:46 UTC