Technology Trainer/ Computer Technician
Position Title: Technology Trainer/ Computer Technician
Classification: Professional Staff
Rate of Pay: $36,088.00
Hours /FLSA status: 40, FT, Regular, non-exempt, Works a varied schedule of mornings, afternoons, one to two evenings a week, weekend rotation
Location: Based at Administrative Center
Reports to: IT Manager
Position Summary: The Technology Trainer / Computer Technician develops and creates written instructions and performs in person-training for Sirsi/Workflows/Enterprise/new technologies to staff and patrons. Works with the Assistant Director and IT Manager to develop, create and execute technology related programming for patrons and staff system-wide. Works closely with adult services staff to ensure consistent technology programming is available to all branches and equally is scheduled. Works with Clevnet on Sirsi/Workflows implementation and updates. Works closely with staff to help troubleshoot complex Sirsi/Workflows related issues. Able to operate KACE hardware to perform software updates and imaged installations. Shares the responsibility to establish vendor accounts, request quotes. Performs a variety of Help Desk duties by providing direct troubleshooting assistance to library staff and resolving technical problems remotely or on-site. Adapts to evolving technologies and new software. May travel/work at any of 7 GCPL library locations as required.
Essential Job Functions: This list is illustrative, but not exhaustive for this position.
· Works with The IT Manager and Assistant director to create and execute technology related programming for staff and patrons
· Develops and creates materials for GCPL staff/patrons to train them on new software, apps, hardware and feature enhancements.
· Works at all GCPL branches reference desks as needed
· Trains GCPL staff on Sirsi Workflows software and maintains a working knowledge of updates and feature enhancements.
· Trains GCPL staff and patrons on the GCPL Catalog/Enterprise and maintains a working knowledge of updates and feature enhancements.
· Works with GCPL staff and Clevnet to resolve issues pertaining to Sirsi/Workflows
· Works with Clevnet on the implementation and updates of Sirsi/Workflows and related software.
· Provides help desk support and troubleshooting.
· Ability to build, configure, maintain and troubleshoot complex hardware and software problems such as Genealogy and Business Office workstations.
· Restore computer hardware to working order within a satisfactory time frame.
· Ability to install, network, repair, and maintain hardware and software as required
· Able to configure printers and troubleshoot related issues.
· Maintains good communication with staff and patrons about the status of issues by phone and/or using Help Desk tickets and email.
· Provides timely service and technical assistance to Library staff and patrons on all library PC equipment and software.
· Works with Clevnet staff to troubleshoot Network, VOIP, Workflows and Catalog related issues
· Ability to use Kace hardware to perform software updates and imaged installations.
· Continues to develop and share knowledge and skills through appropriate meetings, conferences and workshops for cross training, and professional and technical development.
· Maintains awareness of developments in the IT field and makes recommendations.
· Shares the responsibility to obtain quotes and place orders for equipment and supplies.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
· Substantial working knowledge of and experience with PC’s, operating systems, integrated library systems and related peripherals.
· High level of expertise resolving routine and complex PC problems.
· General knowledge of the library and literature.
· Able to work with people of all ages including staff, volunteers, and the general public.
· Ability to teach adult learners in both the classroom setting and one-on-one
· Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent customer service skills.
· Able to work accurately and independently with minimum supervision and have dependable work habits.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, MLIS preferred.
· A+ certification or three years relevant experience required.
· Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
· Able to lift 50 lbs. and move equipment in and out of buildings and vehicles.
· Ability to crawl, bend, stretch, walk and or kneel in order to wire and install equipment.
· Able to use hands and fingers, grasp, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls-including computers, phones and office equipment.
· Able to read computer screens and print material.
If interested provide: Resume, work references and Geauga County Public Library application.
Application available online at: http://divi.geaugalibrary.net/28458-2/career-opportunities/
Apply Online: GCPL.email@example.com
Geauga County Public Library – Administrative Center