Position Summary: Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary. Guides and advises less-experienced Business Systems Analysts. Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. May report to the Business Systems Analysis Supervisor.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree in related field
- Required Experience: Minimum of 3 years related experience with managing file storage systems, such as NetApp ONTAP and Isilon OneFS, including file system and network configuration, running Linux/Unix servers and application systems, and working with identity management tools including Active Directory, LDAP, provisioning services, and with scripting, e.g., Python, shell, PHP
- Preferred Experience: Experience in an academic environment working with researchers and/or research data, experience with large-scale data storage systems and databases (big data)., and experience with managing projects
- Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of NFS, SMB/CIFS, and RESTful storage protocols. Ability to conceptualize, design, develop, test, validate and implement integrated systems and services. Lead projects of moderate complexity. Communicate effectively with computational researchers as well as non-technical scholars. Develop technical build documentation.
New York University Libraries: Libraries at New York University serve the school’s 40,000 students and faculty and contain more than 5 million volumes. The Libraries supports NYU’s vision to become the first true Global Network University by collaborating and providing services to our 11 global academic centers and our “portal campuses” in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. New York University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the OCLC Research Library Partnership, and the HathiTrust. The Libraries participates in a variety of consortia and collaborates closely with Columbia University Libraries and the New York Public Library through the Manhattan Research Library Consortium. View the NYU Libraries Mission and Strategic Plan.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Thursday, January 25, 2018 20:46 UTC