NC Cardinal Systems Consultant
NC Cardinal is a consortium of North Carolina public libraries that share an online catalog and integrated library system (ILS), and share resources with other member libraries. The program's mission is to maintain and continually develop a working, efficient, and sustainable ILS for public libraries and library staff within North Carolina. The NC Cardinal Systems Consultant provides front-line support for configuration, trouble-shooting and resolution of basic issues in managing the NC Cardinal ILS application. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responding to ILS application support questions.
- Leading migration projects as well as assigned special projects.
- Reviewing and creating data mappings between different ILS systems.
- Preparing reports to support library operations.
- Participating in the planning, implementation and evaluation of additional ILS projects.
- Occasional travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To qualify for this position, you must meet ALL the following KSAs listed below:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, operations, trends and issues related to public library services and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems.
- Demonstrated skill with customer service
- Ability to perform complex problem-solving; answer routine and non-routine inquiries independently; and exercise judgment, discretion and negotiation skills in difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based communication and online learning tools.
- Demonstrated experience with open-source integrated library systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with a trouble ticketing system.
- Demonstrated experience in developing user-oriented instruction guides, online presentation materials, and related documentation.
- Demonstrated experience planning, implementing and evaluating new library services and processes.
- Ability to identify documentation needs and evaluate existing help desk programs.
- Substantial skill in current technologies and tools used to organize, manage, and provide access to print and digital information.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Last updated: Thursday, January 25, 2018 21:05 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, January 25, 2018 21:05 UTC