Job Title: Librarian
Location: Newport, RI
ICI Services is looking for a versatile, service-oriented, self-motivated research professional to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport, in Newport RI. Applicants must be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance.
- Support library and information management projects, including research, circulation, cataloging, and reference.
- Support the research needs of scientists, engineers, and managers, both in person and remotely.
- Support content and functionality development efforts for the library’s Drupal website.
- Support repository management activities including but not limited to: data migration, technical troubleshooting, metadata QA, workflow development, policy and procedure development.
- Promote library services and participate in outreach projects.
- Provide user instruction to individuals and groups in effectively utilizing library resources.
- Research experience within professional services firms, academia, government or equivalent.
- Ability to acquire new technological skills; demonstrated analytical/problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to self-manage, display initiative, and meet defined work objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others; demonstrated communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of Drupal or similar content management systems.
- Experience with a repository systems such as Fedora Commons, Dspace, or ePrints.
- Knowledge of file formats, media migration, and metadata.
- Experience with XML, and one or more metadata schemas (preferred).
- Knowledge of digital rights laws, regulations, copyright, and licensing (preferred).
To apply, please visit: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ICISERVC&cws=1&rid=258
Last updated: Thursday, November 30, 2017 04:46 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, November 30, 2017 04:46 UTC