The Princeton University Library is one of the world's leading research libraries, serving a diverse community of 5,200 undergraduates, 2,700 graduate students, 1,200 faculty members, and many visiting scholars. Its holdings include more than 7 million printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million non-print items, and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images.
As a member of the Library Web Development Team within the Information Technology Department the successful candidate will work with our growing team of software developers and operations staff on the development, maintenance, and deployment of our varied portfolio of Library web applications. The primary focus of this position is the implementation, maintenance, and testing of the Library’s database driven content management system (CMS) applications. The position also supports a wide variety of vendor applications and in-house applications used to run the day to day business operations of the Library.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience developing with two of the following programming languages, PHP, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with module/plug-in development with Drupal, Wordpress, or a similar content management system
- Proficiency with Relational Databases and SQL
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux
- Proficiency with either Nginx or Apache
- Competency with Git/Github for source code version control and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development
Note: This is a two year term position.
How to apply
Submitted by: kevinreiss
Published: Saturday, November 11, 2017 02:35 UTC