Applications Developer III
The Library Applications Developer III will gather client requirements and translate into application features. Reporting to the head of Library Information Technology, s/he will design prototypes according to specifications and write source code for applications and test and debug applications by stated deadlines. S/he will ensure the optimal performance of lslandora and ArchivesSpace software and evaluate applications to update and add new features. The position will develop appropriate documentation to accurately represent application design and code. S/he will also have secondary responsibilities for the design, development, and maintenance of the library's web applications and content management system and support staff computers and equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
* Demonstrated programming skills at an intermediate or advanced level in two or more languages
* Familiarity with a variety of operating systems and platforms
* Proven experience in designing and building applications
* In depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
* Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
* A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both non technical end users and technical staff
* Analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
* Great attention to detail and excellent time management skills
Ability to function fully and competently at technology competency Levels I, II and Ill outlined in HTML
* Core Technology Competencies for Employees. (See http://library.tulane.edu/sites/library.tulane.edu/files/documents/core_technology_competencies.pdf)
Bachelors degree and 4 years of experience in computer science, library and information science, or other relevant information technology field
High school diploma or equivalent and 10 years of experience in computer science, library and information science, or other relevant information technology field
* Masters in computer science or relevant field
* Certified application developer status
* Familiarity with lslandora and ArchiveSpace softwares
* Previous academic or research library experience
This position will remain open until filled.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Last updated: Sunday, October 29, 2017 14:56 UTC