Come join our amazing team of engineers, designers, and librarians at the Virginia Tech University Libraries!
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence.
- Blacksburg named the "Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids" (2016, 2012, 2011)
- No. 1 "Best City to Raise a Family" by Homes.com (2012)
- "Best Mountain Town" (2013)
- No. 1 "Best Southern College" (2016)
- 7th "Most Secure Small Place to Live in the U.S." by Farmers Insurance Group
- 3rd "Happiest City in Virginia" (2016)
- 7th "Best City for Singles" (2016)
- “5-star Quality of Life Metros” in the United States (2007, 2006 and 2005)
- “Top Ten Dream Town for Outdoor Enthusiasts"
Virginia Tech’s University Libraries seek a talented Web Development Engineer to work within the Information Technology Services (ITS) Applications, Systems, and Infrastructure Unit and collaborate with our team of engineers, designers, and librarians in developing front-end web applications. The successful candidate will engage in the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance for the Libraries’ growing portfolio of websites and web applications, and will participate in planning for future development, taking into account newly available technologies to enhance the growth and effectiveness of the Libraries’ expanding web presence.
- Primary responsibilities include designing and developing front-end websites and web-application software
- Collaborate with Library faculty and other stakeholders to design, build, and manage web sites; work in cross-functional teams within ITS and other units
- Maintain professional growth by keeping abreast of emerging technologies; analyze new technologies and make recommendations for improvements
- Help plan and set the course for upcoming projects
This is a full-time, non-tenure track, Administrative and Professional Faculty position.
Last updated: Thursday, October 26, 2017 22:56 UTC