Electronic Resources and Discovery Librarian
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill a full-time, probationary tenure-track Electronic Resources and Discovery Librarian position within the Library and Information Services beginning January, 2018.
* Manage the eresource lifecycle of the library's subscription databases and ejournals, including troubleshooting access issues, evaluating and assessing resources, and serving as a liaison to vendors, which may include license negotiations.
* Manage and administer the library's discovery service, electronic resource management systems, link resolver, and proxy service.
* Work with the Cataloging and Acquisitions Librarian to monitor and report on the budget for licensed resources.
* Analyze eresource use and develop usage reports.
* Identify electronic resources training opportunities for library faculty and staff.
* Participate as appropriate in regional library consortia, such as MnPALS and Minitex.
* Provide reference service.
* May include some library instruction.
* May coordinate the work of student worker(s) and library technician(s).
* Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement.
* Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study.
* Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
* Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library and/or information science earned no later than January 1, 2018.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse community.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Aptitude for prioritizing and organizing complex tasks.
* Experience with electronic resource lifecycle activities in a library and working with vendors.
* Knowledge of best practices for discoverability of library resources.
* Knowledge of current acquisitions practices, including patron-driven or data-driven acquisitions, and how they relate to eresource management.
* Commitment and demonstrated ability to engage in scholarly and professional development activities at the level necessary to meet requirements for tenure and promotion, including professional service and scholarship.
* Knowledge of user experience methodologies for evaluating eresources.
* Knowledge of best practices for accessibility.
* Experience configuring discovery services and knowledgebases.
* Experience with integrated library systems, e.g. Alma.
* Experience managing library resource budgets.
* Experience providing reference service or library instruction in an academic library.
* Interest in new and emerging technologies and their applications in academic libraries.
To apply, go to State of Minnesota Employment site: http://www.minnstate.edu/jobs/viewPosting.php?pid=16272. Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Monday, October 30, 2017.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Carla Ballard, at 651.793.1319.
Last updated: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 15:30 UTC
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 15:30 UTC