Job Title: Systems Librarian
Immediate Superior: Head, Collection Access
Status: Contractual, full time (35hrs/week)
Duration: 2 years with possibility of renewal
Posting Period: September 14 to October 6th, 2017
Job Entry: As soon as possible
The responsibilities of this job are to provide technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging software solutions and standards necessary for optimal management and access of the CCA Collection.
The incumbent will work closely with the IT department, the web team, Collection staff, and vendor technical support to manage Collection and related systems with a primary focus on the integrated library system (SirsiDynix Horizon). The Systems Librarian is also expected to contribute to activities related to the development and implementation of search tools for the website and to collaborate in the management of the system used for other parts of the Collection, including the archives (Gallery Systems TMS).
• Evaluates, implements, and manages Collection and related systems (currently Horizon and TMS), including updates, upgrades, and replacement
• Contributes actively in discussions on web development, with the web and IT teams, as well as with the Collection and Program Services team
• Configures and manages systems in order to meet specific needs of back end and front end users
• Makes global changes to Collection data in Horizon and TMS
• Installs, configures, and tests new software versions
• Contributes to the discussion on potential future change of systems
• Provides technical support for new institutional projects related to information systems
• Troubleshoots issues related to Collection databases and web output
• Offers first-line support for the resolution of problems related to the use of applications
• Trains staff in the use of applications and systems
• Creates, modifies, and supervises the use of automation tools and scripts, including scripts used to normalize data to meet bibliographic standards
• Creates and maintains reports from Collection databases
• Identifies and analyzes existing and emerging needs for new applications or systems
• Supports batch import and export of bibliographic data such as MARC records
• Education: Master of Library and Information Science, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
• Two years’ experience supporting an Integrated Library System as well as other library or collection management systems
• Good knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Broad knowledge of the range of solutions currently available for library catalogues and archival finding aids, including search and discovery tools and other applications that enable integrated access to analog and digital collections
• Proficiency with SQL and SQL scripting
• Technical proficiency with Horizon and/or TMS an asset
• Knowledge of MARC format an asset
Please submit your application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 October 2017, to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 Baile Street, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated: Monday, September 18, 2017 18:41 UTC