Digital Asset Manager
The Division of Marketing and Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus; purposefully fulfilling partner’s goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. The Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how the University and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies. The University of Denver’s Division of Marketing and Communication is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Digital Asset Manager will be responsible for developing and categorizing digital content (photos, videos and graphic files) for efficient search with intuitive organization. The University of Denver owns a vast library of content that continually needs curation, lifecycle management, tagging, permissions management and archiving. It is important that the Digital Asset Manager is an experienced archivist who is familiar with best practices around file structure and taxonomy/naming conventions. We would like our Digital Asset Manager to identify a University-wide DAM system, and then implement and manage it.
- Responsible for leading overall strategy, implementation and workflow of the Digital Asset Management system for the University of Denver.
- Acts as primary liaison between the University of Denver’s Division of Marketing and Communications and the various communications clients across campus, including communication around DAM’s purpose, use, and workflow.
- Responsible for assigning appropriate metadata for assets to ensure accurate usage rights.
- Manages the digital asset system and facilitates the uploading of assets as well as maintaining and upgrading the system.
- Registers internal and external users to the Digital Asset Management system based on permissions.
- Facilitates retrieval of previously cataloged assets.
- Processes raw images using the appropriate software.
- Develops and implements a life cycle management/curation process.
- Archives assets as necessary.
- Generates asset download reports.
- Maintains accurate procedures and records for the system.
- Internally advocates for input/upload to the DAM, promoting the DAM as an access and workflow solution and publicizing DAM holdings to colleagues across the University of Denver for successful system adoption.
- Provide training, troubleshooting and assistance for staff and internal users as needed.
- Keeps informed of latest Digital Asset Management technology trends and innovations.
- Other duties as identified and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of databases, highly knowledgeable of digital content formats and standards.
- Understanding of copyright and rights management issues.
- Experience with working file types across media and all phases of content production.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of how DAMs integrate with other marketing-technology platforms.
- Works harmoniously with fellow employees.
- Demonstrated experience with DAM software tools including, Widen, Canto, MerlinOne, etc.
- Able to think creatively and strategically.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant database and digital asset management experience in marketing, communications, media, creative services and/or higher Education.
- Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Information Science or Marketing.
- Experience in higher education.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Position will remain open until filled. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, September 14, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have inquiries about this position, please reach out to Jessica Lovan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter, please include information about how you will advance the Division of Marketing and Communication's commitment to building a diverse and inclusive environment through your service and collaboration.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Last updated: Thursday, September 14, 2017 04:34 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, September 14, 2017 04:34 UTC