The University Libraries at Appalachian State University seeks an E-Learning Librarian that will lead the formulation, production, and advancement of e-learning and teaching with technology initiatives that support the curricular efforts of the University Libraries and the broader campus communities.
Appalachian State University is located in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina. The University is committed to providing a transformational educational experience, promoting a sustainable and just society, and creating global connections. The University Libraries seeks to recruit and retain a talented and diverse faculty. Candidates who are members of underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. University Libraries personnel work in a collegial, team-based environment, are faculty members, participate in the Library's instruction program, and engage in active programs of scholarship and professional service. The University Libraries offers strong support for professional development activities, including publishing, presenting, and attending conferences and workshops.
- Lead the library by providing expertise on instructional design, pedagogy, and projects that focus on blended learning, e-learning, teaching with technology, and emerging technologies in the area of instruction and information literacy.
- Identify and develop effective working relationships in the Library and across campus with individuals and groups that support e-learning activities.
- Collaborate with library and campus colleagues in the design and delivery of e-learning content in support of Library teaching and learning programs.
- Design, create, facilitate, and assess the use of online instructional materials, tutorials, and other digital learning tools for use by students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in e-learning and actively seek out innovative technologies that facilitate or enhance library instruction and services.
- Participate in the Library’s instruction and liaison programs and provide outreach and service to faculty and students, including Tech4Teach Fair and website (http://tech4teach.appstate.edu).
- Engage in an active program of scholarship and professional service.
The full job ad can be seen at https://hr.appstate.edu/employment/faculty-vacancies/450
How to apply
E-Learning Librarian Search Committee
Attn: Sherrye Perry
Belk Library and Information Commons
218 College Street
Appalachian State University, Boone, NC 28608
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 14:35 UTC