The UTRGV Library is hiring! We’ll be filling several important positions come Fall 2017. Join us in building a library for the 21st Century. The Rio Grande Valley has a rich cultural heritage, low cost of living, and blossoms with new opportunities. If you’re a librarian with a passion for education, creative ideas, and a willingness to relocate, UTRGV is the place for you!
• Identifies and oversees the creation and maintenance of descriptive, technical, and preservation metadata for the UTRGV Library, its digital collections, and its institutional repository.
• Creates, enhances, and performs quality control on non-MARC metadata for digital collections while adhering to local policies and international metadata standards and best practices.
• Responsible for training and oversight over the work of individuals involved with cataloging/data input for digital collections.
• Works with library and university departments to streamline ingestion of collections and automate metadata workflows.
• Audits existing digital collections and participates in migration of legacy digital collections to new platforms, ensuring compliance with established metadata standards.
• Serve as a liaison to internal and external research partners on collaborative metadata projects.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 19:10 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 19:10 UTC