The UTRGV Library is hiring! We’ll be filling several important positions come Fall 2017. Join us in building a library for the 21st Century. The Rio Grande Valley has a rich cultural heritage, low cost of living, and blossoms with new opportunities. If you’re a librarian with a passion for education, creative ideas, and a willingness to relocate, UTRGV is the place for you!
Institutional Repository Librarian
Develops, implements, and maintains an institutional repository (IR) for the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Leads the Library’s efforts to promote the IR as an integrated tool in scholarly communication and research throughout the university.
• Manages the daily operations of the IR, including adding and editing content, as well as training librarians and staff on use and workflows.
• Creates and updates IR policies, procedures, and other necessary documentation in consultation with colleagues within the University Library.
• Serves as primary liaison to the Texas Digital Library, of which the UTRGV Library maintains membership.
• Works with the Metadata Librarian and Head of Special Collections and Archives to develop appropriate workflows and schema for ingesting and maintaining data and digital materials.
• Serves as a library resource on copyright, fair use, and open access issues.
• Consults with faculty and researchers throughout UTRGV to promote the retention and accessibility of research output.
• Promotes the IR to the campus community and solicits content from university stakeholders.
• Ensures that IR materials are discoverable via the web and the UTRGV Library website.
Last updated: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 19:10 UTC