Digital Library Services Developer
As part of our expanding work in the fields of digital humanities, digital libraries, data management, data visualization, and integrated digital repository services we are looking for a creative developer who enjoys working on challenging projects in a highly collaborative environment.
Does this sound like you? Are you a confident, fast learner who is equally comfortable with collaborative development, thoughtful experimentation, and critical system support?
If so, you might want to be our new Digital Library Services Developer.
As a member of the Northeastern University Libraries’ development team, you will have opportunities to participate in grant-funded research, collaborate on cutting-edge digital scholarship projects, and lead the development of new tools and services. You will get to contribute to the development and customization of key library systems, including our Samvera-based digital repository architecture, a digital humanities workflow system, integrated data management, preservation, analysis, and visualization systems, and real-time connections between the Library’s management system (Alma) and its Drupal-based website. And, of course, whatever comes next!
Here are the skills and experience we are seeking:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent knowledge of database-driven web development using PHP.
- Significant experience with Drupal, including customization of Drupal modules preferred
- Knowledge of current web development standards and cross platform compatibility and accessibility techniques
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails and Angular would be a plus!
How to apply
If you are interested in exploring new ways that technology can support the evolution of library services and enhance research in the humanities and social sciences, we would like very much to hear from you. For more information about this position, please visit https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/49596
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, July 24, 2017 17:50 UTC