The School of Information and Library Science (SILS)<https://sils.unc.edu/> at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill invites applications for a tenure/tenure-track faculty position with a starting date of July 1, 2018. Candidates at all ranks are welcome to apply.
View the University job posting and submit applications at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/123141
The faculty seek an outstanding colleague with research and teaching interests in academic and research library innovation and leadership. We are especially interested in people who are taking a leading role in:
* Shaping emerging academic and research library roles and responsibilities
* Helping library managers plan for and evaluate progress toward these new roles
* Improving and envisioning new forms of access to special collections
* Imagining and building new tools to disseminate and use the scholarly record
* Stewarding of research data and other heterogeneous scholarly products
* Preserving the broader cultural record underlying research and scholarship
* Educating the next generation of public or technical services librarians OR
* Establishing new models for working with funders, vendors, publishers, and scholarly societies
For a full description, visit https://sils.unc.edu/about/hr/open-lis-faculty or click here for a pdf<https://sils.unc.edu/sites/default/files/publications/fliers/UNC%20SILS%20LIS%20Open%20Faculty%20Position.pdf>.
Review of applications will begin on October 16, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. For questions, please contact Susan Sylvester at email@example.com
Last updated: Thursday, July 13, 2017 23:14 UTC