Cornell University is seeking a Library Systems Analyst to provide a broad range of analysis, reporting, and application support to the Library for its core systems. The person in this position will help support our existing systems while also looking to the future as we participate in the development of FOLIO as part of the OLE partnership. OLE (the Open Library Environment, of which Cornell University Library is a member) has partnered with EBSCO and Index Data to build and implement FOLIO, a new open source library services platform. The OLE partnership is a community of academic and research libraries collaborating to build open source, extensible, and service-driven library management tools.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, enjoy wrangling complex data into answers, and be attracted to the prospect of getting in at the ground level of an exciting project that will transform the library in the years to come.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analysis and reporting for Voyager, our current library management system, including complex queries across transactional data and metadata, to support ongoing library operations.
- Participating in the development of FOLIO (https://www.folio.org/) and its reporting and analytical support, including analysis of current reporting needs and translation to requirements for the new system.
- Technical support for Voyager, EZProxy, and other key library applications including participating in community support discussions, interfacing with vendors on technical support issues, and doing routine maintenance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in database reporting tools and SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Experience providing technical training to non-IT staff
- Ability to work with users, understand their work, and translate functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Oracle database administration experience
- Formal training in statistical analysis and/or big data analytical techniques
- Experience with open source data analysis tools
- Expertise with Business Intelligence tools and Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) tools
- Experience supporting ExLibris Voyager, EZProxy, and/or Atlas systems products (Ares, Illiad, Aeon) or equivalent applications in an academic library setting.
Visa Sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application. Please apply on-line using this link. In order to attach materials to your application, use the Select Files button to search for files or use the Drop Files Here box to drag documents into your application. If you plan to upload more than one document, please click the Upload icon for each additional document.
Last updated: Friday, May 19, 2017 19:26 UTC