Library Systems Support Specialist
Provides day-to-day operational management and support of an integrated library system (ILS), an enterprise resource system, designed for libraries, that tracks inventory, orders, payments, and circulation. Analyzes, diagnoses, prioritizes, and resolves problems relating to library hardware and software systems; trains library faculty and staff on various technologies; provides staff and user support; performs research, assessment and troubleshooting to resolve complex ILS related issues; provides desktop support to library faculty and staff; assists in the investigation and implementation of emerging technologies; coordinates order, retrieval, manipulation, and downloading of electronic data into local systems; provides day-to-day coordination between the Libraries and campus IT by working within the general standards and communications protocols set by central IT; and provides orientation and training for Library Technical Consultants. Communicates effectively with a library faculty and staff having diverse backgrounds and varying degrees of technical familiarity. Reports to the Discovery and Integrated Systems Librarian. Does all work keeping the potential users of library services and the mission of the college and the libraries in mind.
1) A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
2) One or more years of experience working in libraries, or a related field;
3) Ability to adapt to rapid change, to problem solve, and to exercise creativity and initiative;
4) Strong communication and customer service skills;
5) Capable of learning and training others on a variety of computer applications and operating and troubleshooting a variety of equipment. Must be able to train non-technical staff on those systems and machines.
1) Experience in an academic library;
2) Experience in library technical services, particularly in cataloguing and metadata creation and management;
3) Experience operating and managing an ILS, e.g. Sierra (Innovative Interfaces) or Alma (Ex Libris);
5) Experience working in a collaborative environment.
Link to Job Description
Library Systems Support Specialist<http://web.grinnell.edu/humanresources/ApplicantTracking/Lib_SysSup.html>
Link to Organizational Chart
Special Instructions to Applicants
To guarantee full consideration, please submit materials by May 19, but review will continue until the position is filled.
Selected candidate will need to successfully complete a background check prior to first day of employment.
Open Until Filled
Grinnell College is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and nondiscriminatory educational environment for all College community members. It is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in matters of admission, employment, and housing, and in access to and participation in its education programs, services, and activities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, or any other protected class.
How to apply
Published: Friday, April 28, 2017 17:03 UTC
Last updated: Friday, April 28, 2017 17:03 UTC