The Brown University Library seeks a dynamic, forward-thinking candidate for the position of Library E-Resources Manager. The successful candidate will be a creative and collaborative problem solver who incorporates new and emerging practices and technology into the electronic resources and the Technical Services environments. The E-Resources Manager provides leadership, training, and support to two direct reports and a cross-unit team of experts in acquiring and managing electronic resources and supports the life cycle of electronic resources including acquisition, trials, license review, access management, renewal, and cancellations. The E-Resources Manager works in concert with collection development, acquisitions, departmental liaisons, reference, information technology, and cataloging staff to improve the user experience and applies excellent reasoning skills and sound judgment in accessing Brown’s electronic resources the tools that support work in these areas. Provides oversight to financial operations and analysis related to library e-Resources, including payment of invoices, budget tracking, financial reporting and usage analysis and maintains effective vendor contracts and licenses.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science or equivalent experience and training
· 5-7 years of Library experience in an academic or research setting
· Demonstrated supervisory experience
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to produce accurate, timely reports on resource use, costs, and other measures
· Proven ability to work effectively with vendor representatives, library management, and others to deliver services
· General knowledge of a range of software applications supporting access to online collections and associated technologies
· Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a diverse and rapidly-changing environment
Other skills that will be highly desirable include:
- Previous experience with Innovative Interfaces systems (Millennium, ERM)
- Knowledge of relational database creation and maintenance
With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown University is an Ivy League research university that maintains a strong commitment to exceptional undergraduate instruction and a robust research environment. Serving a student body of 6,320 undergraduates and 2,230 graduates, 523 medical students, and approximately 750 faculty members, the Brown University Library employs approximately 63 professional, managerial, and technical staff, along with 60 support staff. The Library is an active member of the Association of Research Libraries, the Consortium of Rhode Island Academic and Research Libraries, NERL (the Northeast Research Libraries consortium), and participates in several shared resource agreements, including BorrowDirect.
To Apply: please visit Brown University’s career opportunities website at: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/staff-careers-brown/jobs and reference REQ132674. Complete an application online, attach documents, and submit for immediate consideration. Documents should include cover letter, resume, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 17:40 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 17:40 UTC