Technology Development and Management Librarian
The Technology Development and Management Librarian is instrumental in the development and management of LSU Libraries digital systems and services. The highly collaborative individual will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the development, management, and successful completion of small through large-scale digital initiatives throughout the entire project lifecycle. He/she will participate in organization and unit-wide planning and assist with developing overall strategic plans and architectures for digital systems and services. He/she will collaborate with stakeholders to establish and manage metrics for measuring, analyzing, and optimizing user satisfaction of digital systems/services.
* 50% Manages the full project development process including working with the Associate Dean for Technology Initiatives and others to define new projects and set priorities; Schedules and oversees software development projects; Determines project team staffing needs and forms cross-functional teams; plans, directs, and evaluates team members' assignments; Coordinates the deployment and management of production systems with other Libraries departments; Identifies issues proactively and works across the organization to execute projects while maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders.
* 35% Manages the Libraries entire digital portfolio including assessing projects and services impact and use through metrics and reporting; Monitors trends within the library environment and communicates with other Libraries departments and individuals about innovations and improvements to tools and interfaces; Identifies and creates links between Libraries digital systems and services and the overall mission to support teaching, learning and research at LSU; Develops relevant documentation and training.
* 15% Works to fulfill tenure and promotion requirements.
* Master's in Library and Information Sciences; Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
* 3 years' experience working with library IT projects.
* Ability to manage a variety of tasks and multiple priorities; Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, organize and complete projects; Proven communication and decision making skills; experience with Agile or other project management principles.
* Experience developing and supporting technologically complex library systems and services.
* Management of customer facing applications and services.
* Project management certification.
* Knowledge of scripting and programming languages.
Full posting and link to apply:
Information about LSU and Baton Rouge:
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 13:41 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 13:41 UTC