The Technology Development and Management Librarian is instrumental in the development and management of LSU Libraries digital systems and services. The highly collaborative individual will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the development, management, and successful completion of small through large-scale digital initiatives throughout the entire project lifecycle. He/she will participate in organization and unit-wide planning and assist with developing overall strategic plans and architectures for digital systems and services. He/she will collaborate with stakeholders to establish and manage metrics for measuring, analyzing, and optimizing user satisfaction of digital systems/services.
* 50% Manages the full project development process including working with the Associate Dean for Technology Initiatives and others to define new projects and set priorities; Schedules and oversees software development projects; Determines project team staffing needs and forms cross-functional teams; plans, directs, and evaluates team members' assignments; Coordinates the deployment and management of production systems with other Libraries departments; Identifies issues proactively and works across the organization to execute projects while maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders.
* 35% Manages the Libraries entire digital portfolio including assessing projects and services impact and use through metrics and reporting; Monitors trends within the library environment and communicates with other Libraries departments and individuals about innovations and improvements to tools and interfaces; Identifies and creates links between Libraries digital systems and services and the overall mission to support teaching, learning and research at LSU; Develops relevant documentation and training.
* 15% Works to fulfill tenure and promotion requirements.
* Master's in Library and Information Sciences; Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
* 3 years' experience working with library IT projects.
* Ability to manage a variety of tasks and multiple priorities; Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, organize and complete projects; Proven communication and decision making skills; experience with Agile or other project management principles.
* Experience developing and supporting technologically complex library systems and services.
* Management of customer facing applications and services.
* Project management certification.
* Knowledge of scripting and programming languages.
Information about LSU and Baton Rouge:
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 13:41 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 13:41 UTC