The Auburn University Libraries invite applications for a new full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track library faculty position.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Public Services/Head of Reference and Instruction Services, the Research Data Management Librarian (Data Librarian) will represent the Libraries in a campus-wide effort to build a comprehensive suite of research data management (RDM) services at Auburn University. Specifically, the Data Librarian is responsible for developing and implementing a research data services needs assessment; taking the lead in RDM policy development for the Libraries and contributing to RDM policy development for the University; promoting the role of the Libraries in supporting the University's research program (e.g. working with subject specialists and research faculty to manage data generated by the University's Cluster Hire initiative: http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/strategic_hire.html); and helping the University develop the policies and assemble the infrastructure needed to manage all stages of the research data lifecycle and to comply with federal requirements in this area. In support of this effort, the Data Librarian will collaborate with the Libraries' Assistant Dean for Research, the Systems Department, and subject specialist librarians to establish working relationships with faculty, staff, and students across campus. The Data Librarian will also work closely with the Auburn University Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development (OVPRED), and the Office of Proposal Services & Faculty Support (PSFS).
* American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master's degree
* Experience using and/or providing data management services
* Knowledge of best practices, trends, and tools related to research data management
* Familiarity with tools for data analysis, visualization, and dissemination, including methods for sharing faculty research and research data (e.g. institutional repositories)
* Ability to work in team-based environment, both within the Libraries and with faculty, staff, and students
* Ability to develop and execute a personal research agenda and to contribute to published research in data management and curation
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Strong technical and problem-solving skills
* Experience leading a data management program at a research university
* Experience teaching research data management skills, techniques, and tools
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects involving many stakeholders simultaneously
* Experience working as a Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator on grant-funded research projects
* Evidence of active participation in professional societies and organizations
Rank and Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications. This is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track position. Benefits include 20 days vacation leave/12 days sick leave per year; participation in State Teachers' Retirement System (mandatory); other additional voluntary retirement plans available; health/dental/life/disability insurance.
"Auburn University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, Color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law."
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 21:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 21:52 UTC