William & Mary - Discovery and Systems Librarian
The Discovery and Systems Librarian will learn our new Alma and Primo system, assume a leadership role in its configuration and ongoing development, and collaborate closely with staff in our libraries and in our consortium in order to make it the best library catalog possible. He/She will work within a team environment to serve as the lead manager of the Alma library system and of three separate instances of the Primo discovery catalog: for William and Mary, for Richard Bland College's Library, and for Colonial Williamsburg's Rockefeller Library. She/he will convene colleagues across the libraries to discuss the creation of standards, the development of new workflows, and the implementation of enhancements to the behind-the-scenes system and the public-facing catalog.
* Required Qualifications:
* ALA accredited masters degree in library / information science
* Relevant (coursework or project) experience collaborating on the development of a library discovery system or integrated library system
* Familiarity with MARC formats for bibliographic and authority records
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with different audiences in roles such as teacher-trainer, committee chair, consultant, colleague, and library representative to campus, regional, and national groups.
* Strong commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion.
Full job description: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/26661
Interested candidates should apply online through the job portal at https://jobs.wm.edu/login
The College of William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to apply
W&M Libraries | William & Mary
Published: Saturday, March 18, 2017 15:51 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, March 18, 2017 15:51 UTC