Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
We are currently searching for a Scientific Information/Web Analyst to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
The NLM Bibliographic Services Division (BSD), MEDLARS Management Section (MMS) is seeking an analyst to help create and revise educational materials and technical documentation in the domain of data science and clinical terminology products and tooling offered by NLM. These products are used by electronic health record (EHR) systems as well the health informatics research community, and include the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS), SNOMED CT, RxNorm, the Value Set Authority Center (VSAC), and the Common Data Element (CDE) Repository, among others. The position supports the overall MMS mission of providing documentation and user support for NLM products and services.
The analyst will work closely with team members to learn about the currently supported NLM products and services that need review, enhancement, or reorganization. He or she will also provide technical documentation and user support for new products and services as they are released to the public.
Required Skills and Experience
* Master’s degree in an ALA-accredited library/information science program. Undergraduate degree can be in any major, though science majors are preferred.
* Superb writing skills
* Experience developing and publishing technical documentation on the web
* Experience in authoring and publishing content using web content management systems (CMS)
* Intermediate level proficiency in HTML is necessary, as well as familiarity with HTML5
* Proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is required
* Experience in working with teams
* Ability to accept constructive user feedback and incorporate it into a polished final product
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience
* Vocabulary and tooling experience, especially with caDSR, the NCI Thesaurus, or UMLS Metathesaurus, is preferred
* Two years or more experience doing technical writing such as user guides, etc.
* Experience documenting software products such as APIs and technical user guides is preferred
How to apply
Published: Saturday, March 18, 2017 04:52 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, March 18, 2017 04:52 UTC