This position acts as the library's primary liaison to IT's PC Support Services and external vendors; provides basic and advanced troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software for all library staff and faculty via the use of a request ticketing system, and provides training for new hires and with the implementation of new software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Library Technology Coordinator coordinates the implementation and participates in the selection of technology throughout the library.
* Provides oral and written instruction and training to library administrators, faculty and staff; prioritizes and follows up on service request tickets - internally and externally with IT and vendors.
* Evaluates current technologies and their impact on workflows across the library.
* Conducts research for hardware and software upgrades and purchases in order to recommend to library technology administrators and faculty.
* The ability to professionally execute written projects include: Extensive documentation of all IT issues and projects in the Library, completion and filing of inventory documents, submitting weekly, monthly and annual reports as well as formally elaborating on technology usage, policies, and procedures to library employees.
* Bachelor degree required.
* At least two years work with technology and software (e.g.computer lab consultant providing troubleshooting assistance) & demonstrated experience with equipment inspections, maintenance, and inventory in assigned areas and entering, tracking and reporting on tickets/inquiries for technical support is required.
* Required technical skills include a high level of knowledge of hardware (monitors, desktops, laptops, printers, projectors and peripherals), software (primarily Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, email applications, web browsers, network/internet cloud software, as well as with Apple systems), excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Firm grasp of ticketing procedures with regard to technology.
Full job posting here<http://jobs.shu.edu/cw/en-us/job/492755/library-technology-coordinator>
How to apply
Digital Collections Developer
Walsh Library, Seton Hall University
Published: Saturday, March 18, 2017 04:56 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, March 18, 2017 04:56 UTC