ZAI has an immediate need for a Digital Projects Team Lead in support of the NASA Goddard Library in Greenbelt, Maryland. This position is responsible for the technology and systems used in library operations, and for leadership of the Digital Projects Team (Systems Administrator, Web Developer, and Metadata Librarian). This team is responsible for the Library’s digital projects, computer systems, and technical services including the institutional repository, metadata creation, systems administration, web development, and the integrated library system and other discovery systems.
• Coordinates the work of the Digital Projects Team in the implementation of open source software solutions for the Library; oversees the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new applications and information systems; coordinates activities to ensure reliable uptime of all Library systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance, upgrade, enhancement, administration, and performance monitoring of the entire electronic infrastructure within the library, including the integrated library system, the institutional repository, database integrity, hosted discovery systems, and intranet/internet services,
• Responsible for the management, maintenance, performance, and development of the Library’s digital repository system.
• Integrates all of the technical resources required to maintain state-of-the-art systems and services within an environment of rapidly evolving technology.
• Designs, plans, implements, and evaluates the present and future automation needs of the Library, making recommendations for implementation to the Administration.
• Evaluates software products and frameworks to determine their applicability to Library services and related projects.
• Maintains the SirsiDynix integrated library system including upgrading, customizing, import/export of data, performance monitoring, and systems backup.
• Develops Standard Operating Procedures for the Digital Projects Team; creates new and updates existing documentation, best practices, and procedures.
• Delivers various reports and summaries to management and other constituents including status reports and progress summaries.
QUALIIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· U.S. Citizenship
· Master's degree in Library / Information Science desired or equivalent experience working in a library environment.
· Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience, with project management experience and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
· Minimum 2 years’ experience as a digital projects, systems, and/or metadata librarian.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide effective documentation, briefings, reports, and staff interactions.
· Experience managing projects to implement and maintain information discovery systems, link resolvers, electronic resource management software, integrated library systems, and electronic library collections in institutional repositories.
· Experience building electronic collections with an open-source repository system such as Fedora Commons.
· Familiarity with principles of information architecture, usability testing, best practices and guidelines for accessible Web design.
· Familiarity with database design, scripting languages, content management systems, and web design.
· Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
· Knowledge of office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite).
How to apply
Published: Saturday, March 18, 2017 04:36 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, March 18, 2017 04:36 UTC