A wide range of student- and faculty-centered services are the cornerstone of the Libraries' integral role in the University of North Texas community.
The Digital Libraries Division supports the UNT Libraries with guidance, web development, digital preservation, and other digital services. Through collaborative efforts such as The Portal to Texas History and the UNT Digital Library we freely provide digital content to a worldwide audience. Our software development team builds these products with open source components and open, standards-based protocols and formats.
The Libraries at the University of North Texas are seeking to hire a Software Developer to join our Digital Library Division. The Software Developer will build applications in support of digital library initiatives. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Writing Python code for our digital archiving environment and existing Diango web applications.
* Adhering to the unit's testing practices for software and interfaces.
* Committing code to the division's GitHub and GitLab instances.
* Participating in code reviews with other developers in the division.
* Writing Ansible scripts to deploy digital library systems.
* Participating in grant and externally funded projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in computing or information systems and two years of related computer programming experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Broad familiarity with open source tools and environments.
* Extensive knowledge of dynamic script programming languages such as Python, PHP, or Ruby.
* Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments for software development and deployment.
How to apply
Published: Monday, October 3, 2016 17:51 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC