The Libraries department is seeking applications for the position of User Experience Architect (Professional Technologist III). This position will facilitate consultation and data mining with clients and stakeholders, oversee the user interface design of the WVU Libraries websites, web applications, digital collections, and other web-based resources, and conduct design research for the administration and development of usability testing.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Conduct, evaluate and visualize marketing research/usability testing result data for digital collections, web applications, websites, and services.
- Effectively communicate testing results to the customer and provide specific areas of improvement and action items to improve site usability.
- Create digital collections and websites that adhere to WVU University Relations standards.
- Facilitate, manage and perform content audits, meetings with clients or stakeholders, data mining, and social media web marketing as needed.
- Work closely with the WVU Libraries software engineers for designing, developing and maintaining web application user interfaces.
- Propose and implement user interface enhancements and updates based on market research/usability studies.
- Improve user experience of library service web application accessibility, compatibility, performance and responsiveness.
- Design and conduct market research/usability studies as an integrated part of the design process
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Master's degree in a related field is preferred
- Four (4) years experience in graphic design
- Four (4) years experience in web application design
- Two (2) years experience with usability testing
- Strong portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills for websites, digital projects and other online user interfaces
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign software
- Background check
- UX Certification preferred
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How to apply
Published: Monday, August 29, 2016 16:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC